With almost 20 years of experience in the IoT project business, Telic AG offers individually designed products and solutions that help you successfully integrate your systems into the Internet of Things and take advantage of the numerous benefits of digitalization.
Throughout the IoT project, Telic AG takes the leading role in the development of your specific IoT solution with a focus on the development and deployment of hardware for edge computing applications and IoT sensors.
The project typically starts with consulting and requirements analysis possibly supported by feasibility studies and specific system analysis. With this foundation, appropriate prototype hardware, with software tailored to your needs, is developed for demonstration purposes. Subsequently, the solution prepared for your environment is integrated into your IT. After successful testing, industrialization starts with approvals and introduction into series production.
This creates the basis for the introduction of new services and process optimization.
Product development includes the development of the hardware of mainly mobile telemetry and telematics devices (IoT sensors) including the embedded software components required for the application in various forms.
The core technologies of such specific devices include:
- Mobile data communication via the well-known 3GPP standards up to 5G as well as. Communication via local wireless networks such as WLAN, Bluetooth, Lora, NFC).
- Satellite communication, based on common communication systems such as Iridium, Orbcomm, Globalstar or Inmarsat.
Localization and tracking:
- Various location technologies such as GNSS, radio cell-based location via cellular, and location via local wireless networks (WLAN, Bluetooth, or other RF technologies).
- Host controllers of different sizes and characteristics for low-power applications, whose application software is based on specific real-time operating systems, as well as processors for edge computing applications, mostly running embedded Linux.
- Internally integrated sensor technology as well as interfaces to external sensors, also wireless
- Mechanical components and aspects such as package design and construction, tool design, 3D print prototypes, tool manufacturing and maintenance.
The development of customer specific products is developed in the following typical process steps:
- Feasibility studies as well as requirement and risk analyses
- Creation of requirement and functional specifications as well as test and validation plans
- Concept (software, electronics, component selection, mechanics, manufacturing)
- Hardware development (A-D samples) up to pre-production stage
- Maturity level development according to the VDA standard, customer-specific adaptable
- Standard-compliant product and production release procedures
- Product approvals e.g. CE and FCC or E1 for use in vehicles
- Product validation including tests of software applications
- Industrialization, ensuring long-term delivery capability