Telic's product development focuses on the development of the hardware of mostly mobile telemetry and telematics end devices:
- Data communication according to common mobile communication standards up to 5G as well as in local networks via WLAN, Bluetooth, NFC. Furthermore, solutions based on satellite communication (Iridium, Orbcomm, or Globalstar).
- Different positioning technologies such as GNSS up to the sub-meter range, radio cell-based positioning via mobile radio, as well as indoor positioning via WLAN, Bluetooth or other RF technologies.
- Host controllers of different sizes and specifications for low-power applications. Their application software is based on specific real-time operating systems, as well as processors for edge computing applications, which are usually operated with embedded Linux.
- All interfaces commonly used in industry, such as I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485, 1-wire, CAN Bus, Ethernet and more.
- Mechanical components and aspects such as package design and construction, tool design, 3D print prototypes, tool manufacturing and maintenance.
The hardware is developed in the following typical process steps:
- Feasibility studies and requirements analysis
- Risk analysis
- Concept design
- Selection of components
- Development of prototypes (A-D samples)
- Production of pilot series
- Maturity development in accordance with VDA standards
- Standard-compliant product and production release procedures
- Product approvals e.g. CE and FCC or E1 for use in vehicles
- Second source concepts
For almost 20 years we have been developing software solutions for embedded systems in various forms with a high level of expertise in mobile telematics applications.
Among others we have developed dedicated solutions for the following platforms:
- RISC processors for low power applications
- ARM processors
- Different interpreter languages like Java Script, C#, Python, SLP
- Java ME applications
- Embedded Linux
- Smart Phone Android / iOS